Dell, EMC, Dell Technologies, Cisco,

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Channel Icon Vitagliano Leaves Dell, Eyes New Opportunities

@FrankVitagliano, a channel icon who has developed close working relationships with thousands of partners over three decades, has decided to leave #DellTechnologies and look at new opportunities in the channel. Vitagliano joined #Dell nearly four years ago as vice president of channel sales in what was characterized at the time as a channel blockbuster -- bringing the onetime direct company much-needed channel credibility as it accelerated its transformation into a channel superpower.  #DellGlobalChannel Chief John Byrne said Vitagliano has played a "big role" in Dell's channel success. "He has done wonderful things here," said Byrne. "I want to thank him personally and I wish him nothing but the very best." [Related:Dell #EMC To Pay Rebate And MDF To Legacy EMC Partners For January 'Gap Month'] Vitagliano said it has been a "ton of fun" to be part of the Dell channel transformation. "I went to Dell four years ago to help expand the routes to market," he said. "It's been an extraordinary transformation. I am really glad to have been part of it and to have helped set the trajectory to a strongly engaged channel model. I am leaving a lot of good friends." To be fair, Vitagliano said Dell was on its way to becoming a channel power with or without him. "It would have continued to evolve with or without me," he said. "I wasn't the driving force, but I think I helped. When I joined Dell a lot of partners understood that the channel was going to be an integral part of their go-to-market strategy. It helped a bit with the perception, but the truth is the Dell channel model has evolved under strong leadership from the beginning, starting with Greg Davis [Dell's first channel chief and current Dell senior vice president], Cheryl Cook [former Dell global channel chief and current head of partner marketing], and now Gregg Ambulos [North America channel chief] and John Byrne. Dell is a formidable company and channel organization. There shouldn't be any debate about that." Vitagliano said he leaves with the Dell channel team firing on all cylinders under Byrne. "I think Dell is going to do great," he said. "They are extraordinarily well positioned. Dell has a lot of channel talent." Vitagliano said the timing for his departure was right given that Dell completed the acquisition of EMC in September – the largest acquisition in IT history – and is set to unveil a unified channel program that will go into effect Feb. 1. "The timing for me was really good now that the acquisition has been completed," he said in an interview with CRN. "I felt it was a good time for me to move on and look for other challenges. I am just beginning to explore other opportunities."

http://m.crn.com/news/channel-programs/300083134/channel-icon-vitagliano-leaves-dell-eyes-new-opportunities.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment